Design professionals are your resource to the latest trends, best products and ideas to help assist you in the best possible way to achieve your goals. The designer will do the footwork for you while providing the very best for your budget. They can save you hundreds of dollars on just one project by helping to prevent costly mistakes. The agreed upon fee can be by the hour or by the project depending on the client’s needs. Below I have outlined some tips for choosing a designer:
1. Interview several designers to find the best fit for your project.
2. A professional will be upfront about the fees and cost so there will be no hidden fees that will surprise you in the end. Ask questions!
3. Find a designer that fits your budget and project. Some professionals only deal with certain aspects of design and have a minimum charge. Interview over the phone first and get some pricing upfront.
4. Be sure to express your feelings to the designer and keep the lines of communication open.
5. This should be an enjoyable experience! If not, then choose another designer. Any recommendations you can get from other clients are always helpful.
6. A true professional will be able to buy at wholesale and save you money!
7. Get references! A professional will have references and photos that show projects that have been completed. Ask detailed questions about any concerns you may have about the projects completed. Actually check the references from the portfolio.
8. Address any concerns about the time that you have appropriated for the project, monies involved and the overall schedule that you must meet.
9. Discuss the quality you expect and what you hope to gain from this project.
10. Get any details in writing that you feel necessary. Such as: project time limits, monies to be paid to the designer, contracts, agreements and the scope of the work.
Remember that your designer is a complete resource for the creation of the lifestyle that you want to bring to your home or office. Hiring a designer can be one of the best decisions you ever make!